Community Heath is Heath Hands' new community outreach project that gives groups of all backgrounds and abilities the opportunity to get involved in discovering and learning about our green spaces. We deliver a range of activities and events at Hampstead Heath, Kenwood Estate, Golders Hill Park and Highgate Wood.
The project aims to help underrepresented locals, those that infrequently visit Hampstead Heath and our other sites for various social and economic reasons, to make strong connetions to the site and feel welcomed here. This project will inspire underrepresented groups to engage and become active on the Heath. Our focus will be BAME communities and groups with registered disabilities. Working with existing community groups, we aim to build strong networks between different sectors of the community.
If you are a local community group, youth club, disability support group or other local organisation please contact us to see how we can support your members getting involved with their local green spaces.
Your group could:
- take part in a guided walk
- have a picnic or other social gathering
- participate in a practical conservation or gardening session
- arrange a sporting event e.g. swimming, tennis, football or athletics
- learn more about our wildlife and habitats
- help inform how we can make access to our green spaces easier for everyone