About The Project
Community Heath is Heath Hands' community outreach project that gives groups of all backgrounds and abilities the opportunity to get involved in discovering and learning about our green spaces. We deliver a range of free activities and events at Hampstead Heath, Kenwood Estate, Golders Hill Park and Highgate Wood.
Our activities this year have included:
- women-only guided walks with Camden Health Kick
- craft sessions for Camden Carers at our volunteer hub, the Hive
- confidence on the Heath walks for participants with learning disabilities from the Camden Society
- weekly Recovery through Nature sessions with Phoenix Futures
- a Community Festival at the Parliament Hill Bandstand
- nature discovery and volunteering sessions with local schools, such as Wren Academy, Gospel Oak and Swiss Cottage School
- family activity days with groups such as Homestart Barnet and Laamiga
Find out what our Phoenix Futures group have been up to here.
Join us on the Heath
Community Heath helps infrequent visitors and those who need a little bit of extra support to get involved. We work with existing community groups, and aim to build strong networks between different sectors. If you are a local community group, youth club, disability support group or other local organisation please contact us to see how we can support your members getting involved with their local green spaces.
Groups can make use of our lovely volunteer hub, the Hive for indoor activities, tea breaks or to shelter from the weather, or other facilities across the Heath.
If you're not sure what you'd like to do, here are some ideas:
- take part in a guided walk
- have a picnic or other social gathering
- participate in a practical conservation or gardening session
- arrange a sporting event e.g. swimming, tennis, football or athletics
- learn more about our wildlife and habitats
- help design activities and make the Heath more accessible for all
Community Heath is kindly supported by the City of London Corporation.