NEW: Open Wednesdays - join us at the Hive (NW3 2TY) for accessible activities for those with additional support needs:
- 12pm - guided walk on the Heath
- 2pm - open volunteering session for all abilities
Community Heath is Heath Hands' community outreach project that gives groups of all backgrounds and abilities the opportunity to get involved in discovering and learning about our green spaces. We deliver a range of free activities and events at Hampstead Heath, Kenwood Estate, Golders Hill Park and Highgate Wood.
The project aims to help underrepresented locals, those that infrequently visit Hampstead Heath and our other sites for various social and economic reasons, to make strong connections to the site and feel welcomed here. Our focus will be BAME communities and groups with registered disabilities. Working with existing community groups, we aim to build strong networks between different sectors of the community.
If you are a local community group, youth club, disability support group or other local organisation please contact us to see how we can support your members getting involved with their local green spaces.
For indoor activities, tea breaks or to shelter from inclement weather, groups are welcome to use the Hive, our community hub near Parliament Hill, or the Dairy, our base in Kenwood.
In 2017, we:
- Started regular women-only guided walks with Camden Health Kick
- Welcomed groups from Camden Carers for tea and for festive wreath-making sessions at the Hive
- Hosted a 6-week programme of walks with the Camden Society
- Gave talks to Mind and Mood (Barnet)
Your group could:
- take part in a guided walk
- have a picnic or other social gathering
- participate in a practical conservation or gardening session
- arrange a sporting event e.g. swimming, tennis, football or athletics
- learn more about our wildlife and habitats
- help inform how we can make access to our green spaces easier for everyone
Community Heath is kindly supported by the City of London Corporation, Groundwork and Tesco Bags of Help. If you would like to arrange an event please download an enquiry form, or contact us for further information.