Use our fantastic private garden
The Old Orchard Garden is one of the Heath's special places. A multi-use events space and education garden, it is maintained by our volunteers and is now available for private hire. Originally part of the walled garden of Kenwood House the grounds have been transformed into an immersive and interpretative green space that can be used by different groups and schools. Users can weave their way through our willow tunnels, search for bugs under logs, take part in workshops, organise social events and watch for wildlife in this tranquil corner of Hampstead Heath.
Activities in the garden
The garden is available for schools, community groups and businesses for a range of activities:
- outdoor learning activities for schools
- social activities for community groups and charities
- family events and social gatherings
- wellbeing and exercise sessions e.g. yoga and green gym
- creative sessions including art classes and mindfulness
- corporate events, including team building and volunteering
The garden is private, fully accessible, adjacent to local bus routes, has an on-site toilet and is perfect for groups wishing to immerse themselves in nature.
If you would like to enquire about using the Old Orchard Garden, or you have an idea for an event that you’d like to discuss with us, please contact us. Community groups can use the space for free as part of our Community Heath project. Further information about corporate volunteering opportunities can be found here.