Whether you're a budding ecologist, or just really enthusiastic about nature our monitoring programme gives you the opportunity to get up close to the wildest species across the Heath. We support the City of London to deliver reptile and hedgehog monitoring programmes and recently launched an exciting camera trapping project.
As a volunteer Wildlife Monitor you will:
- take part in important projects that will support rare and threatened species
- work in small groups collecting primary ecological data
- receive extensive training in the techniques you will use
- get to explore areas of the Heath not open to the general public
We are looking for people who:
- have a keen interest in ecology
- are organised and can be flexible when they volunteer
- can commit for a season of monitoring and attend sessions once a week on average
Monitoring is seasonal due to the natural cycles of wild species - the programme usually runs from March until October. Please download an application form to get involved.